Saturday, November 21, 2009

So Nice of You to Say

Words are powerful. They can break one's heart or cause it to grow larger. They can hurt or heal. Let's forget about the children's rhyme with the stick and stones, broken bones, and the words that can never hurt us. I never cared for this foolish song even as a child. The straight truth is words have the ability to severely harm us. A much more joyful truth is words can encourage, spread love, promote healthy self images, make someone smile, make someone's day, and even on occasion help save a life.
I'm going to be honest about my world view. We don't live in a nice world. We don't live in a safe world. We don't live in a good world where people (ourselves included) genuinely love and care about their fellow man. There's hope for this world, though! His name is Christ. In our natural state He is nothing but an incredibly popular cuss word that rolls off our tongues often. In a state of redemption He is our God. Of course, He has always been God and always will be God. I just didn't always acknowledge him as God because I was too busy being lost and having Him as a mere profanity. After becoming a Christian I was in awe of some of the kind words which found their way out of my mouth. Years later I'm still in awe of this divine intervention! Miracles happen. My being born again is one of them.
This Christian man has kind words to say because he has a relationship with Jesus. I hope by God's grace that kind words continue to amaze me as He does an ongoing work in my heart to touch the hearts of others.
I love you all and thanks for reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment