Monday, August 17, 2009

My High School Graduation Speech

I like testimonies a lot! You know the sort of thing I'm talking about. Everyone knows at least a few Jesus Freaks who proclaim with boldness the truth about the One who saved their lives. Testimonies can be given and heard not just in churches. They can be told and listened to anywhere from a pub to a classroom to the family living room holding a Bible study. My graduation speech from high school turned out to be a testimony. I brought the six-year-old document out of a high school scrapbook a few minutes ago. I have a humble pride about this speech. The last line still rings true for my life. I hope this speech means a little something to you. It's always meant a good deal to me.

Friends, faculty, board of elders, family, classes of 2003.

High school can seem like an eternity, that is however until the final test is taken and the door to the house that held the last four years of my life is closed. It is after the door closes that I realize how small the house actually was.
Christian Fellowship School has been a good influence in my life. The teachers whom I have learned under do indeed have hearts that are turned towards the Lord. They have been positive, godly influences for me and I thank them very much for being so.
It is in high school that some people are sculpted into the type of person that they are going to be for the rest of their life. They enter into 9th grade as aimless boys. They exit 12th grade as young men with a purpose. They leave with the joy of a life that they never could have imagined before they began to enter into it. They enter high school lost and they come out of it saved. I am one of these people.
I look ahead to the future now. A future that will, without a doubt, be brighter than the past. I don't know where I'm going yet. I never really do until I get there. Although, one thing I do know is that wherever I find myself and in whatever situation, with Jesus Christ in my heart, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment